[postgis-users] postgis upgrade failure

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:39:14 PDT 2005

Hi Gabriele.

I think the warnings are normal.
The best proof is that you're able to store and get some geometries.

Internal representation of geometries has changed in postgis 1.0. It
now uses binary format.

To get a human-readable format, use some conversion functions, like asText().
This internal representation is faster than the previous one.

Nicolas