[postgis-users] status of opengis+qgis

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Tue Sep 6 11:59:35 PDT 2005

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question, but I've been
playing around with the postgis extension for postgresql and really liked
the idea that I can connect directly to my data using qgis. I'm a real
novice with opengis, mapserver, grass, etc. but I like what I see so far...

I guess there's some problems with postgis+qgis since release 1.0.x of
postgis and the recommendation is to downgrade to an earlier version of
postgis... I don't want to do that since I have to demonstrate the
advantages of storing spatial data in the relational database (writing a
package similar to DCMMS)...

Thanks,
Jeff.

---