[postgis-users] status of opengis+qgis

Gérald Fenoy gfenoy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 05:30:14 PDT 2005

Hi Gary,
I curently work on the qgis-0.7.0.ebuild with the postgis support. In
fact I have some troubles with the digitatlisation of a postgis layer
(I made tests only for postgis by now), for example I can easily add
some geometry objects with the correponding geometry type
corresponding to the layer currently selected. This works realy fine,
but each time I try to save the modifications I've made, I can't :/ .
So the question is : does qgis-0.7.0 realy support the postgis layer
edition ? In an other way, not realy relative to postgis, I've seen
that we need to edit the Makefile to solve the problem caused by a use
of  --withtout-postgresql when we configure qgis... so do you  where I
could find a good patch to solve this ? I would like to patch directly
the configure script (or configure.ac if needed or simplier as I
think) do you have some propositions to make ?

Thanks to anwer.

Cordially.

2005/9/6, sherman at mrcc.com <sherman at mrcc.com>:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:59:35AM -0700, Jeff D. Hamann wrote:
> >
> > I guess there's some problems with postgis+qgis since release 1.0.x of
> > postgis and the recommendation is to downgrade to an earlier version of
> > postgis... I don't want to do that since I have to demonstrate the
> > advantages of storing spatial data in the relational database (writing a
> > package similar to DCMMS)...
> >
> Version 0.7 of QGIS was just released this past weekend. It works fine
> with current versions of PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
>
> -gary

Gérald FENOY
01map.net