[postgis-users] AddGeometryColumn for multiple SRIDs

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Mon Sep 12 01:38:52 PDT 2005

Hi, Stephen,

Stephen Davies wrote:

> I am totally new to PostGIS and relatively new/out of date to GIS in
> general so please excuse me if this is a stupid question.
>
> The data which I want to store and process comes from two zones/spatial
> reference systems - 20253 and 20254.
>
> How should I use the AddGeometryColumn function to create a geometry
> column for this data?

You can also call the AddGeometryColumn with a SRID value of -1, and
then manually drop the table constraint that restricts the SRID (or
modify it to only allow your SRIDs).

Caveats: Most PostGIS work will work fine (although you'll have some
problems on geometry operations with mixed SRIDs), and you lose OpenGIS
compliancy.

HTH,
Markus