AW: [postgis-users] Error making postgis with postgres 8.0.3

Werdin Jens jens.werdin at siemens.com
Tue Sep 13 05:41:20 PDT 2005

Hi Marc,

Thank you that was the problem. I'm just woundering, because I tried it
several times and sometimes it did but mostly it fails.

Just one more SuSE miracle ;))

Kind regards

Jens

Hi Jens,

As you suggested, it looks like the linker cannot find libpq. What configure
command did you use when you compiled PostgreSQL? It may be that you need to
add the directory where libpq.so was installed into your /etc/ld.so.conf
file and then run ldconfig so that the system can find it.

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd
17 Research Way