[postgis-users] QGIS 0.7 and PostGIS 1.0.4 works fines on Debian

david techer davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 15 13:14:14 PDT 2005

Hi PostGISers

There is more than a week that QGIS 0.7 has been released.

Taken from QGIS news:

" Version 0.7.0 of QGIS has been released. See the /Download/ section
for information on getting the latest source. Binary versions for
Windows and OS X are available. We expect RPM and other packages for
Linux to be available in the coming days."

As a consequence, since I don't have packages for debian (.deb),
I compiled the sources and QGIS works fines... :-)

QGIS 0.7 works for me on debian testing with PostgreSQL 8.0.3, Geos
2.1.4, Proj 4.4.9 and PostGIS 1.0.4.

Enjoy!