[postgis-users] QGIS 0.7 and PostGIS 1.0.4 works fines on Debian

Devrim Gunduz devrim at gunduz.org
Fri Sep 16 03:12:56 PDT 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Brent Wood wrote:

> Which platform, David, I'mm looking the best Linux for GIS on AMD64. So far I'm
> tending towards SUSE or Kubuntu (I'm not a Gnome fan, it works OK but there's
> no chemistry between us :-)
>
> I'd also like to get GRASS working with QGIS on the same platform.

About 3 months ago, I've built RPMs for PostGIS, QGis, Chamelon, GRASS,
Mapserver, OGR, etc. All these were Red Hat Enterprise Linux. They are
still available, but needs updates for the new versions. My previous
company was sellling these as a product with an installer, however I think
I can donate all the RPMs to the community. I'm sure that they will be
able to work on Fedora Core 3 & 4 (Previous versions are not tested yet)

If anyone is interested, please drop me an e-mail.

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
Kivi Bilişim Teknolojileri - http://www.kivi.com.tr