[postgis-users] Fedora 4 package

Silke Reimer Silke.Reimer at intevation.de
Tue Sep 20 08:30:31 PDT 2005

Hallo!

In August there has been a discussion on this list how to install
postgis on Fedora 4 [1]. The proposed solution has been to install
the postgresql sources configure them and build postgis afterwards.

Using the relativly new PGXS-mechanism of postgresql I found now a
way to build an Fedora package of postgis which just build depends
on postgresql-devel, proj-devel and flex: You just have to set the
environment variable PGXS to 1 and set a few other paths. Please see
the corresponding specfile if you are interested in details. This
could perhaps be useful for packaging postgis for other
distributions as well.

I placed specfile, source rpm and rpms on our FTP-server (see [2] or
the mirror [3]). Please inform me about any problems that you
experience with those packages. Of course you are free to put the
specfile into the CVS repository of postgis if you find this useful.

Many greetings,

	Silke

[1] http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2005-August/008968.html
[2] http://ftp.intevation.de/freegis/fedora/4/
[3] http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/freegis/intevation/freegis/fedora/4/

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/