[postgis-users] RV: Linear Referencing

Christoph Spoerri cspoerri at cavtel.net
Thu Sep 29 18:22:35 PDT 2005

Ricardo,

I developed a set of LRS functions that can be used with the M dimension in
postgis.

the functions include:
- createlrs: calculates the M measures in % of length or length itself
- getMeasure: gets the measure of a given point
- getlrspoint: gets a point based on a given measure value
- getlrsline: gets a line based on two measure (from and to)

the code is still under development, but the above functions are working. I'm
more than happy to send you the code (along with better explanations) for
testing and providing feedback or help.

cheers,
Christoph