[postgis-users] was Rasters, digressing into time series....

Gregory S. Williamson gsw at globexplorer.com
Fri Sep 30 00:50:03 PDT 2005

Our few forays into this actually used the geodetic blade, which has better off-the-shelf capabilities for certain types of time related operations (satellite tracks and the like) than Informix' spatial blade per se.

I've not heard of anyone actually inegrating operations from both blades though ... in theory possible, I think, but perhaps limited by the limitations of the underlying R-tree indexes ?

Greg W.

and yes, DB2 is being blessed with blade capabilities, but Informnix is not being deadended by IBM, at least not yet ...