[postgis-users] postgis & php

Ries van Twisk postgis at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Apr 3 14:09:57 PDT 2006

Nelson Guda wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2006, at 3:08 PM, Ries van Twisk wrote:
>
>> Nelson Guda wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am relatively new to postgis.  I've got a database up and
>>> running,  and have used much of the language already.  I am  looking
>>> for a php  protocol that can run shp2pgsql and pgsql2shp  so that i
>>> can use these  functions via a web interface.
>>

>> You would beable to access this function by executing a shellcript.
>> It would be nice to have a php classet ofcourse, but I think
>> exsecuting these from a php shell would not be a problem.
>>
>> Ries
>

> Yes, I think that is what I need, but i don't know how to code that.
> Can anyone help or point me to a good tutorial?
>
> thanks much,
> nelsong

Hey nelsong,

it's always differcult to say, this is what you need and add this xx
lines to your code.
For the exec manual I would say look here : http://www.php.net/function.exec

When it comes to data handling I am not sure how your current code looks
like and how
you need to have it intergrated is it a upload file system, or a
automated system, we don't know.

I have done simular things but not for the shp2pgsql, I just know it can
be done
and I think it's your best and quickest route to a solution.

I not a postgis guru but mearly using functions (mainly using map server).

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer