FOSS GIS in Africa WAS Re: [postgis-users] postgis & php

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Tue Apr 4 22:19:15 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 10:55 -0500, Nelson Guda wrote:
> Many thanks for the detailed help!  It is greatly appreciated!  I
> will probably have a chance to try it out this weekend.
> nelson

Nelson,

I am busy setting up a site for African Free Software GIS where this
project will have a dedicated content area, with discussion forums, wiki
etc that people can use to collaborate. I would like to invite you to
join the site, and add your questions/comments there as well.

The URL is: http://fsiu.uwc.ac.za/gis/

Anyone else on this list that is interested in helping out with this
site, are more than welcome to join too. There is a section dedicated to
PostGIS already (although I haven't had time to populate any content
yet).

This site is primarily to foster awareness of FOSS based GIS options in
Africa, as well as a means to create collaborative communities around
Africa in a number of GIS projects.

If anyone would like to start creating content for PostGIS, please let
me know...

--Paul