FOSS GIS in Africa WAS Re: [postgis-users] postgis & php

Allan Doyle adoyle at eogeo.org
Wed Apr 5 06:12:37 PDT 2006

On Apr 5, 2006, at 01:19, Paul Scott wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 10:55 -0500, Nelson Guda wrote:
>> Many thanks for the detailed help!  It is greatly appreciated!  I
>> will probably have a chance to try it out this weekend.
>> nelson
>>

> Nelson,
>
> I am busy setting up a site for African Free Software GIS where this
> project will have a dedicated content area, with discussion forums,
> wiki
> etc that people can use to collaborate. I would like to invite you to
> join the site, and add your questions/comments there as well.
>
> The URL is: http://fsiu.uwc.ac.za/gis/

Thanks for the link.

I added this to the list of links here:
http://www.eogeo.org/Projects/projects_wiki/
GeographicAndTechnicalAssistanceLinks - I wasn't quite sure what the
call it, so I put it under "African FOSS GIS" for now.

There's also a more general FOSS effort in South Africa at http://
floss.meraka.org.za/

	Allan