[postgis-users] Who is Using PostGIS? For What?

Niall Murphy nimurphy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 06:09:24 PDT 2006

On 8/2/06, TECHER David <davidtecher at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Niall Murphy a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Who?
> > I'm Niall Murphy.
> > I'm a student.
> >
> > What?
> > I'm developing an intelligent (seemingly) courier dispactch system.
> >
> > Why?
> > Free, standards based, open source.
> >
> > Happy?
> > Same as why, and the reasons I used PostgreSQL in the first place,
> > like writing functions and triggers in C.
> >
> > Unhappy?
> > Documentation could be better.
> >
> > Bye.

> You mean PostGIS' Doc or PostgreSQL's Doc ???

I mean PostGIS's doc. I'm really looking for a more thorough description of
the Geometry feature table created using shapefiles.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to integrate vector layers for roads
and buildings with tenants (private/commercial), i.e. what number on a
street and what floor in a building. I'm thinking of adding another
building_tenant table and referencing the roads layer or vice versa.