[postgis-users] convert tracking point from ms access to postgis

K Kuo mtrp36 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 4 01:16:42 PDT 2006

Hi list,
I got a problem while converting a tracking point MS Access file to PostGIS.
Please give me some suggestions. Thanks.
The Access file has 4 attributes: ID, Time, Latitude and Longitude. I tried
to use shp2pgsql command. Therefore, I convert access file to dbase in order
to create a shapefile using ArcGIS. However, dbase does not take access
date/time format. The date/time format in access is mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss.
After conversion, the time attribute in dbase file only shows mm/dd/yyyy. Is
there any way to fix this problem or other way to convert access file into
PostGIS directly.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kurt