[postgis-users] how to handle table

gates jr mr_gates_jr at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 03:20:00 PDT 2006

I have 2 tables from shp file named poincity, pointcountry
  1. Each table consist of hundred thousand points
  2. Both have the same column (gid, name,
., the_geom)
  I want to create a new table that include all row in pointcity and pointcountry with the same column (gid, name,
., the_geom).
  I try to use query
  select * from pointcity, pointcountry --- I thought it wasn’t valid
  What’s the right query to create that table?

  Thanks