[postgis-users] Calculate the distance

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Aug 7 05:54:42 PDT 2006

Haven't tried these myself with PostGIS, but I think these might be good
libraries to try if you are doing pure .NET development.

http://sharpmap.iter.dk/ (this I have tried with shape but not yet with
postgis in VB.NET ASP.NET 2.0 environment.)

http://www.monogis.org/ (haven't tried this one at all, but looks
promising.

UMN mapserver also has a .NET interface via SWIG, but its been a while
since I've tried it and I got some threading issues with it when I did
and I think its most suitable for web development and not for desktop
development.  I could be wrong since I don't do much desktop and haven't
attempted to use in desktop.
http://ms.gis.umn.edu/

the examples are in C#, but its a fairly trivial exercise to convert
snippets of them to Vb.NET format using one of the online c# to vb
converters
e.g.
http://www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx

Regina