[postgis-users] error in geometry operations

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Sun Aug 20 22:21:29 PDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 09:57:14PM -0500, P Kishor wrote:
> On 8/20/06, Michael Fuhr <mike at fuhr.org> wrote:
> >If you look at the points themselves (as opposed to using Extent),
> >do they look transformed?
>
> Now, that is the 5 million $ question. I have not looked at them
> because I really have no good way of looking at them.

By "look at" I meant query the data.  For example:

SELECT AsEWKT(the_geom) FROM my_points WHERE some_search_criteria;

Does the output show "SRID=102005;POINT(...)" and do the coordinates
look correct?  Do you have any reference points (points with known
coordinates in 102005 and in another SRID like 4326) that you can
use to verify that transforming to the new SRID works?

--
Michael Fuhr