[postgis-users] Problems testing the installation of postGIS

Vincent J. Troisi Vincent.Troisi at Colorado.EDU
Tue Aug 22 08:42:29 PDT 2006

I'm having a bit of a problem testing the installation of PostGIS.
I followed the procedure published on the web site for building and
installing the PostGIS interfaces to postgreSQL. However, I am receiving
the following messages when I try to test access to the database. Has
anyone seen this problem
before? Any ideas on how to correct the problem to enable me to successfully
test the utilities?

troisi at iceman:~/local> psql -d test -f $HOME/local/share/postgresql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql
BEGIN
psql:$HOME/local/share/postgresql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:36: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:$HOME/local/share/postgresql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:36: ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/li
blwgeom.so.1.0": No such file or directory
psql:$HOME/local/share/postgresql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:41: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

:
:
:

psql:$HOME/local/share/postgresql/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:3150: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ROLLBACK