[postgis-users] Raster Support...

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Aug 25 10:23:59 PDT 2006

Well, I had a use for raster-in-the-database myself recently, but it
was quite focussed on analytical requirements, to the extent of doing
something like "grass in the database", with SQL as the interface.
But that is not Oracle GeoRaster, it's something else again.

Last time this subject came up, I asked for use cases: once you get
your rasters in the database, what are you going to do with them?
(Suck them out again and put them on a screen?  Go get a WMS server,
you wacky lunatic, stop using your database like a file system!)

To repeat:  once you get your rasters in the database, what are you
going to do with them?