[postgis-users] template_gis

Emilia Venturato venturato at faunalia.it
Sun Aug 27 02:50:44 PDT 2006

Hi all,
I remember in postgis 1.0 (debian) there was a template_gis just after
installation. I don't know if it was directly in postgis or in debian package
but I found it very useful.
Before that version (and unfortunately also after) I made by hand my
template_gis creating a new database with plpsql and postgis functions and
trasforming it in template to use for create my geodbs.
In next versions template_gis desappeared. I remember Alex Bodnaru (unofficial
debian package maintainer) made a command maketemplate external to postgis,
but current maintainer does not want to patch the deb, preferring to include
this upstream. I think it could be very usefull to have a template_gis
directly in postgis. What do you think about that?
All the best.
Lia

--
Emilia Venturato
email+jabber: venturato at faunalia.it
www.faunalia.it
Tel: (+39) 347-2770007 Tel+Fax: (+39) 0587-213742
Piazza Garibaldi 5 - 56025 Pontedera (PI), Italy