[postgis-users] Transform SAD69 to WGS84

marco vieira maovieira at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 11:10:02 PST 2006

Felipe:
 Try to convert using +towgs parameter and be careful with the various
realizations of SAD-69 in Brazil. If you want to convert back to WGS84 from
SAD-69 coordinates taked from GPS software (original in WGS-84 and converted
to SAD-69 by GPS software) you shall use the same parameters of GPS software
(maybe a mean value: -57 +/- 15,+1 +/- 6, -41 +/- 5); If you want to convert
with oficial (legal) parameters (IBGE) you take care about the "year of
realization".
 Take a look at
http://www.ibge.gov.br/home/geociencias/geodesia/param_transf/default_param_transf.shtm?c=19to
portuguese explanations about the parameters and
ftp://geoftp.ibge.gov.br/documentos/geodesia/pmrg/legislacao/RPR_01_25fev2005.pdf
to legislation.
 PostGis doesn't have +towgs described on proj4 parameter of 4291 srid.
Regards

--
Marco Vieira
+55 21 9499-6800