[postgis-users] GEOS 3.0.0 RC3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 00:24:09 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 21:04 +0100, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

Hi Mateusz,

> Rob Tester wrote:
> > Have the build problems with windows been addressed?

I still can't build under MingW; I've posted the relevant output here in
case someone finds it useful:
http://www.ilande.co.uk/tmp/geos-3.0.0rc3-error.txt. It's related to the
inlines, but my C++-Fu is not particularly strong...

> Yesterday, I updated GEOS makefile.vc and project
> files for Visual C++ 2005 [1].
> I can confirm GEOS builds on Windows using VC++ compiler.

Hmmm that is a bit of a pain. Last time I checked, the free version of
the VC++ compiler does not allow you to distribute the resulting
executables which would cause problems generating the Win32 installers.
Is there any possible way that the inlines could be fixed to work under
MingW?

> [1] Project files for Visual C++ 2005 are new stuff and available
> in build\msvc80 directory.

AFAICT the build/ directory, although present in SVN, is not present in
the geos-3.0.0rc3.tar.bz2 release archive.

Kind regards,

Mark.