[postgis-users] Decompose polygon to single-ring polygons?

Brad Ediger brad at bradediger.com
Fri Dec 29 09:13:47 PST 2006

I am looking for a way to split a polygon (with possible holes) into
multiple polygons with a single exterior ring each. I am exporting
some complex polygon data to be displayed in Google Maps with the
GPolygon extension. I don't have an easy way to display polygons with
interior holes, and it would be much easier to just break them up on
the server side.

Does anyone have a method to do this, or can someone offer pointers
on where to start?

Thanks!
Brad Ediger