[postgis-users] liblwgeom.1.1.so - Error installing PostGIS - Mac users needed!

Christian Heine christian at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Tue Feb 7 03:52:22 PST 2006

> _MemoryContextSwitchTo is exported by postgresql library.
> There's probably some linker flag specific for darwin we're
> missing to set. Weird, as I think we copied the Makefile.shlib
> from PostgreSQL source.
Ok - the missing symbol I got from my compilation with geos 2.1.1
yesterday was __ZTIN4geos13GEOSExceptionE - so do you really think it
is the Makefile.shlib? I have to admit that I don't have much
experience with all these library issues.

The header of the current Makefile.shlib (in postgis-1.1.1/lwgeom/)
says:
$PostgreSQL: pgsql/src/Makefile.shlib,v 1.90 2004/11/20 21:13:04 tgl
Exp $ so, given the date, I'd assume that it was the same as in
PostGIS 1.0.0 I had running flawless on my system.

It would be great if anyone on the list running postgis-1.1.1
recently compiled from source on Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.4) could have a
look into this - or alternatively send me their build procedure (incl
geos) in case I missed something.

Don't start upgrading with just a couple of months of your PhD

Chris