[postgis-users] Strange behaviour of = operator

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Wed Feb 8 03:48:11 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 01:27:10PM +0200, Steffen Macke wrote:
> Thanks, Strk and Mark,
>
> I've used the code below with success.
> I know that it's a performance hit, but isn't it worth
> considering to have PostGIS out-of-the box with this
> more exact comparion operators? Whoever needs speed will use
> GiST indexes in his queries.

Please see this ancient thread for reference:

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-devel/2003-November/000070.html

I pushed to define and document a semantic for btree, but
there hasn't been much interest. Final review of what
has been done is here:

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-devel/2003-November/000072.html

I'm ready to reopen this, as far as current semantic is not
documented in the manual.

--strk;