[postgis-users] Create a rotate() function?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Sat Feb 11 09:02:27 PST 2006

In the proj philosophy, things with go from lat/lon -> x/y is a
projection and from x/y to lat/lon is an invprojection, but that's
it.  An affine transform is a different beast.  I guess we do need to
complete the set of transformation functions, with a rotation(), and
then a full affine().  I like the idea of having scale(), translate
(), rotate() around, for those who (like me) do not necessarily think
in matrices about these issues.  But having an affine() as well would
be good for those sophisticates who want to do several things at once.