[postgis-users] hexagonal tessellation

Perry R. Peterson ppeterson at pyxisinnovation.com
Wed Feb 15 11:55:41 PST 2006

Dan RE: January 30 hexagon tessellations,

Our firm is working with the Canadian Military to develop a spatial data
platform for integrating spatial data on demand.  At its core is the
mathematical model for a hexagonal global grid.  We term it the PYXIS
Digital Earth Reference Model.  The code is well structured and developed in
C++.  An application for 3D Visualization has been built from the platform
for use in integrating spatial data in a tactical environment.

I would be pleased to discuss how we might make it available to you.  Gene
Girard is our VP Research and he is always interested developing practical
applications through investigations with PYXIS.  I suggest giving me a call
and we can chat about your particular need.

Attached above file are images produced.

Image 3 illustrates a 5 GByte collection of hexagonal imagery - terrain,
imagery and vectors - from traditional geospatial structures integrated (not
overlaid) on-demand.

If anyone is interested in additional information I would be pleased to put
you in contact with one of our research, development or business staff.

 Regards,

Perry R. PEterson, P.Eng.

President & CEO

the PYXIS innovation