[postgis-users] Problem with intersection from postgresql 8.0.7 to 8.1.3 win32

René F. Viancos S. rviancos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 07:05:34 PST 2006

Yes, the postgis_full_version() output is for the two cases,

the last night i have tried with fedora core 4, postgresql 8.1.7, postgis
1.1.1, geos 2.2.1, (all from source) and the problem persists. i have
downgrade to geos 2.1.1, like the version that has postgressal 8.0.3 to test
if the problem was in geos, but the message ERROR: GEOS Intersection() threw
an error! persists.

If you want i can send you a link with the shapefile to make tests.

Regards

René Viancos

2006/2/18, strk at refractions.net <strk at refractions.net>:

> Output of postgis_full_version() for the two cases ?
> --strk;
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 07:32:48PM -0300, René F. Viancos S. wrote:
> > Dear users
> >
> > i have the following SQL sentence that work's fine with postgreSQL 8.0.7
> ,
> > win32, and PostGIS
> >
> > SELECT DISTINCT(intersection((SELECT collect(the_geom) FROM ejes_13
> > WHERE nombre = 'BALMACEDA' AND nom_com1 = 'PUENTE ALTO'),(SELECT
> > collect(the_geom) FROM ejes_13 WHERE nombre = 'EYZAGUIRRE' AND
> > nom_com1 = 'PUENTE ALTO'))) FROM ejes_13 WHERE (nombre = 'BALMACEDA'
> > OR nombre = 'EYZAGUIRRE') AND nom_com1 = 'PUENTE ALTO';
> >
> > this sql sentence give the point for the intersection of two streets,
> where
> > "ejes_13" is the table with the street geometry, "nombre" is the field
> with
> > the name of the street, and "nom_com1" is the field with the town name.
> >
> > when i run this sentence in postgreSQL 8.1.3, win32, and PostGIS, the
> data
> > engine gives me the following error.
> >
> > ERROR: GEOS Intersection() threw an error!
> >
> > does somebody any ideas about this.....
> >
> > Regards

René F. Viáncos S.
Director de Geomática y TIC
Vicerrectoría de Investigación y Desarrollo
Universidad de Chile
Tel (56-2) 632 62 09
Cel (56 9) 933 72 66
rviancos at uchile.cl