[postgis-users] US counties to Spatial_ref_sys?

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Sun Feb 26 11:45:58 PST 2006

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 12:16:19PM -0700, Darryl Watson wrote:
> I was afraid that we would have to manually pick SRIDs for each SPCS
> zone, but it sounds like that is what we must do.  Doh!

Not necessarily; with enough restrictions a query might be able to
narrow down a list of possibile SRIDs to the one it needs.  I'm
still playing with this, but if you're interested I could send you
a few tables that you might be able to use.

Have you searched to see if anybody has already done this?  I looked
around a little but not much; I was more interested in the doing
than in the end result :-)

--
Michael Fuhr