[postgis-users] Geomunion problems

Jeremy Palmer palmerj at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jan 18 02:58:11 PST 2006

Thanks for the test and verification of the error Arnaud and Strk :)

I have managed to compile temp dataset that now throws "TopologyException:
no outgoing dirEdge found" GEOS union error.

I have attached the dataset and the debug log file from the output of the
geomunion aggregate function. A simple call of "SELECT geomunion(shape) FROM
statist_areas" should be enough to get the GEOS exception. If someone could
confirm the same error message on a newer version of PostGIS i.e. 1.1.1cvs
that would be great :)

Strk what information do I need to log the JTS bug. Is it ok to just post
the postgis and geos information with the datasets? Also where do I log the
bug? jts-devel or the JTS sourceforge project page, or somewhere else?

Also if the fix gets done in JTS will the fix also be ported to GEOS anytime
soon?

Thanks again
Jeremy