[postgis-users] vers 1.1.1 configure fails on Ubuntu

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Sun Jan 29 02:08:12 PST 2006

Scrive John Taber <jtaber at johntaber.net>:

> Upon further searching - I do not have either a file or folder by the
> name of "pg_config" - I seem to have all the other postgres files and it
> works okay.  What is pg_config or where does it come from ?  Is it
> because my packages are the Ubuntu pkgs rather than compiled from source?

John, I really think you should have pg_config installed. I have a Postgres
install from the Ubuntu packages and

stefano at chistane:~$ locate pg_config
/usr/share/man/man1/pg_config.1.gz
/usr/share/postgresql/8.0/man/man1/pg_config.1
/usr/bin/pg_config
/usr/include/postgresql/pg_config_manual.h
/usr/include/postgresql/pg_config.h
/usr/include/postgresql/pg_config_os.h
/usr/include/postgresql/8.0/server/pg_config.h
/usr/include/postgresql/8.0/server/pg_config_manual.h
/usr/include/postgresql/8.0/server/pg_config_os.h
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.0/bin/pg_config

In fact, you should be sure you have installed the latest

libpq-dev
postgresql-8.0-server-dev

packages.

Regards,