[postgis-users] Deleting PostgreSQL User Credentials

Steffen Macke sdteffen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 04:52:06 PST 2006

Hi Ben,

> Any ideas on how I can completely clear off any
> remnants of the software to start again? I keep

I assume that you've used the Windows PostgreSQL installer,
not a Cygwin-based version of PostgreSQL.

* Run the PostgreSQL unistallation from the Windows Control Panel.
* Delete c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL - note that this will also delete
your databases!
* Run

net user postgres /delete

on the commandline to delete the Windows postgres user created by  the
installer.

* Reboot
* Run the new PostgreSQL installer.

Regards,