[postgis-users] Amoeba Hulls

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Jul 5 09:30:59 PDT 2006

William,

It doesn't look like this is a standard algorithm, but more likely a
particular empirical technique provided by the particular software you
were using.  So substituting some other technique might yield a
different shape entirely... do any of the techniques mentioned here
<http://www.geospatial-online.com/geospatialsolutions/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=1348>
sound like what was done to your data?

Paul