[postgis-users] Angle

Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha ezequias at recife.pe.gov.br
Thu Jul 6 07:09:44 PDT 2006

Arnaud Lesauvage escreveu:
> Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
>> Ok, now I need to get the start and and point of a linestring
>> feature. Could you tell me please ?
>>
>> Regards
>> Ezequias
>>
>> Arnaud Lesauvage escreveu:

>>> The azimuth(geometry, geometry) function might be what you are
>>> looking for.
>>> Input geometries are points, so you might use
>>> Azimuth(StartPoint(geometry), EndPoint(geometry)) if geometry is a
>>> Linestring.
>>>
>>> http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch06.html#id2528534
>

> What do you think these "StartPoint" and "EndPoint" functions do ?
> Have you read the documentation at http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ ?
> All you questions are answered there.
>

> PS : Please, reply below the quotes. Thanks !
>
> --
> Arnaud

Arnaud (great name. The name of my grandfather),

I tried like this but the result (as you can see now) is too below.

dbpotgis=# SELECT azimuth(startpoint(the_geom),endpoint(the_geom)) as
azimuth from mub where gid = 2900;
     azimuth
 2.17998093202836
(1 row)

dbpotgis=#

The real angle is 143,9 and the function only rerutns 2.17...

Could you tell me what I did wrong ?

Regards ...