[postgis-users] Who is Using PostGIS? For What?

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at ccgis.de
Thu Jul 13 08:03:12 PDT 2006

Paul Ramsey schrieb:

>     Who are you?
Astrid Emde
working at CCGIS (GIS Company) with Arnulf Christl
I am part ofdeveloper team of the Mapbender Client Suite
(http://www.mapbender.org)
Bonn, Germany

>     What are you using PostGIS for?
Most of our projects are with communal data (that means in Germany EPSG
31466 to 31469). We import different formats to postgreSQl and most of
the time we only display the data by UMN MapServer as WMS.

Also we generate WFS with GeoServer and build searchs on the PostgreSQL
data and edit the data by the Mapbender digitize-modul.

In Mapbender we use some geos-functions to transform the data and to
calculate the area.

We have some routing funktionality implemented in Mapbender and there we
use PostgGIS functionality.

We have instalölations on UNIX and windows.

We do courses on PostgreSQL/Postgis in Germany.

>     Why did you choose PostGIS?
- OS Project
- SPQ Standard
- high performance
- stable running
- easy to administrate
- free
- all the geodata in on database
- administrationdatabase for mapbender

>     What makes you happy about your PostGIS installation?
- nice , easy to install, easy to handle the geometries, good documentation

>     What makes you unhappy about your PostGIS installation?
- I have nothing to bother about

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde