[postgis-users] Zip code polygons

dnrg dananrg at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 14:24:27 PDT 2006

> Mark Thomas - independent GIS developer/contractor
> 1) geocoding, zip code lookups, radius lookups (i.e.
> is gimme everything within XXX miles of 123 main st,
> somewhere, AL 12345), and

Hi Mark and list. I need to do the same with zip codes
and radius lookups.

Where can I get a shapefile of zip code polygons to
load into PostGIS? Is anything like this available for
free, or must I purchase it from someone? Free is
better. I don't believe the USPS maintains a zip code
polygon shapefile. How does one go about getting or
creating one?

Thanks.

Dana