[postgis-users] Who is Using PostGIS? For What?

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Fri Jul 14 06:58:24 PDT 2006

Hi, Paul,

Paul Ramsey wrote:

>     Who are you?

Markus Schaber, GIS Software developer for Logical Tracking & Tracing
International AG, Switzerland

>     What are you using PostGIS for?

Storage and processing of tracking data.

Storage and processing of geodata (Street network etc.) for map display.

Storage and preprocessing of geodata for other applications (routing,
geocoding etc.)

>     Why did you choose PostGIS?

The per-CPU license for oracle spatial is more expensive than paying a
developer to tweak PostGIS to our needs.

>     What makes you happy about your PostGIS installation?

It works (most of the time :-)

>     What makes you unhappy about your PostGIS installation?

Debian packages situation is somehow unstable.

HTH,
Markus