[postgis-users] PostGIS kills all connections to the PostgreSQLserver

Michael de Armas (Micotan) michael.dearmas at micotan.com
Thu Jul 20 07:47:46 PDT 2006

Thanks for your solution. However, I believe the Buffer algorithm should be
improved to avoid this work around that only would complicate an automation
process and is still taking a while.

I don't think there's any quality problem with the shape file, the boundary
is not simple because is following a river. If there was such a quality
problem, how would I explain that ArcGIS does the same buffer (on that very
shape) in 2 seconds maximum, and they are even rendering.