[postgis-users] Does PostGIS use "domain" or "look-up" tables, similar to ArcSDE?

Aaron Koning aaronkoning at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 16:19:48 PDT 2006

That ESRI, always on the leading edge. I especially like when they invented
GIS and maps... :-)

Domains are actually a standard SQL/database feature (since 1992 at least,
SQL-92). Heres some info on creating domains in PostgreSQL:
     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-createdomain.html

Aaron