[postgis-users] Good mailing list for FOSS GIS desktop clientdiscussion?

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Sun Jul 23 13:54:24 PDT 2006

Dana,

MezoGIS is being built as a GIS GUI Postgis front end. Early days, but it may
do what you want.

Otherwise you have uDIG (haven't looked at that for a while though) & OpenJUMP
from the Java camp, QGIS that you've mentioned, or perhaps SAGA GIS?

I share your frustration to some extent, but also appreciate the rapid
development in this area with packages like OpenJump & QGIS.

Now that we have capable & robust backend tools like PostGIS, & middleware
tools like GDAL/OGR, there has been real progress with front end tools.

Still early days :-) QGIS not even released v0.8 yet, & I've been using it
since 0.2, not all that long ago & a vast amount of extra capabilities.

Cheers,

  Brent Wood

<snip>