[postgis-users] problem with geos when running regress tests

Eduardo Luís Garcia Escovar eduardo.escovar at 3wt.com.br
Thu Jul 27 12:35:09 PDT 2006

ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca escreveu:
> psql:lwpostgis.sql:39: ERROR:  could not load library
> "/downloads/postgresql-8.1.4/contrib/postgis-1.1.3/lwgeom/liblwgeom.so.1.1":
> libgeos_c.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> What can I do to fix this? I added /usr/local/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH but
> I'm still getting the same error.
> Cheers,
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

Extracted from documentation
(http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch02.html):

If you want to use GEOS functionality, you must have the GEOS library
installed. If ./configure didn't find it, try using --with-geos=PATH to
specify the full path to the geos-config program full path.

Hope this helps,
Eduardo