[postgis-users] MakeBox2D SRID inheritance?

Guido Lemoine guido.lemoine at jrc.it
Fri Jul 28 00:17:44 PDT 2006

Dear All,

I am creating rectangular polygons using the MakeBox2D(<LL>, <RR>)
which creates the point with the relevant srid. The resulting polygon does
not seem to inherit the srid from the points, however, but I need to
specifically
(re)assign with SetSRID (SetSRID(MakeBox2D(<LL>, <RR>), <srid>)).

I'd expect the function to check for srid of the corners points and pass
it on
to the resulting output. The other "Make*" functions appear to have that
behavior. But I can live with this. Just wondering whether this is
consistent.

Postgresql/Postgis 8.0.3/1.0

GL