[postgis-users] Large Databases

Graham Stewart graham at mobilefoundry.net
Fri Jun 9 13:06:34 PDT 2006

Mark,

That sounds like a good idea.

How will the partitioning work with spatial queries? If I partition by
state and then try to select some data which straddles state boundaries
will I have to explicitly pass in those states?

This is going to be the backend for a desktop application used by a
handful of users. I'd rather have a simpler set up than get every last
ounce of performance out of the system. It won't be a huge inconvenience
if we have to take the system offline for a weekend to do the quarterly
updates to the map data.

Graham