[postgis-users] Degrees to meters

David William Bitner bitner at gyttja.org
Wed Jun 14 12:39:22 PDT 2006

You need to find a projection (ie units in meters, not in lat long) that
suits the needs for the area you are working with and then you can use that
SRID along with a transform.  If you don't understand the differences
between projections, you should take some time to track down a textbook and
figure these things out.

On 6/14/06, Kevin martins <martins506 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yes it's just like you said, but how can I get a data in longlat in
> a  Geographic Coords  to a data in meters in another  Geographic Coords ?

David William Bitner
bitner at gyttja.org