[postgis-users] data structures for manipulating individual records

Amit Kulkarni amitkulz at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 12:18:01 PST 2006

Hello,

The underlying JTS/GEOS have data structure, sorting, searching
libraries available to them. But from searching the postgres pages
except for a base ARRAY which can be indexed in both directions I don't
see much support. Please correct me if I am wrong..

I have built a working AddressRange class in Java based on Martin
Fowler's Range pattern, and now I want the class to be translated into
postgres, maybe make it more geographically aware. That is, I want to
figure out problems in road network by having a cron spit out the
problems to a view which is displayed by a desktop GIS, enabling quick
corrections.

Martin Fowler's range http://www.martinfowler.com/ap2/range.html

Is it that you are supposed to do this sort of work in an external
procedural language like C, Java etc?

Any advice for OOP to O-R mapping and manipulation is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance