[postgis-users] Problem using set-returning functions

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Mar 27 06:16:26 PST 2006

Hi Markus,

Actually I suspect no set returning function created in pgsql will work
the way you are trying to do it.  Not sure why.  The dump is done in c
and plugged in and I think it explicitly generates a tuple in the target
set for every output.

Try rewriting your function to something like this and see if it works

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION generate_x (geom geometry)
RETURNS SETOF double precision AS
'
    SELECT X(geometryn($1,index))
	FROM generate_series(1, npoints($1)) index;

' LANGUAGE 'sql' IMMUTABLE STRICT;