[postgis-users] liblwgeom.so.1.1

trevorw trevorw at fanweb.ca
Thu May 4 10:28:42 PDT 2006

I've noted other responses on the list to this problem but seem unable
to solve it.

I'm attempting a source install on an Ubuntu breezy install on an AMD64
machine.

I successfully installed postresql 8.1.3 from source. I also installed
geos and proj from source.

My ld.so.conf file looks as follows:
/lib32
/usr/lib32
/usr/X11R6/lib32
/usr/lib/atlas
/usr/local/pgsql/lib
/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs/lib

after updating for grass and pgsql I ran ldconfig.

I then downloaded postgis and put it in the contrib directory of my
source tree for posgresql as .../contrib/postgis

When running ./configure it finds proj, and geos, but has to be
explicitly told where pgsql is (/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config).

It seems to compile and install without even, but following the setup
for a database I run into problems.

First I create plpgsql as instructed.
createlang plpgsql SPATIAL

Then I attempt load the PostGIS functions and objects using:

psql -d SPATIAL -f lwpostgis.sql

BUT then the following happens:
BEGIN
NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.1":
libgeos_c.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until
end of transaction block

Any suggestions about what I've done wrong would be helpful.

Thanks

Trevor Wiens