[postgis-users] comparing Mysql spatial extension with postgis

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Tue May 9 09:39:02 PDT 2006

Here's one:

http://hobu.biz/index_html/mysql_ogr2

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.      www.vividsolutions.com
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street Victoria, B.C. V8T 5G5
Phone: (250) 385 6040 - Local 308 Fax: (250) 385 6046

	-----Original Message-----
	From: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
Parang Saraf
	Sent: May 9, 2006 9:08 AM
	To: postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
	Subject: [postgis-users] comparing Mysql spatial extension with
postgis

	hello,

	I am relatively new in this field. I am designing a database to
store the events extracted from the oceans. This project later demands
of publishing data on web. I am not able to decide which database to
use. Mysql with spatial extension or the postgis one. I would prefer to
use windows platform.

	Can someone suggest or can provide me with some links that
compare the two databases.

	Thanks and Regards
	Parang Saraf
	parang.saraf at gmail.com