[postgis-users] The size of the community

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Fri May 12 07:15:14 PDT 2006

Hi, Ezequias,

Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:

> Could someone tell me what is the size of the community of PostGIS ?
> Does anyone have this number ?

I think it is not easy to get this number, there are only ways to
estimate it:

* number of downloads of packages from the PostGIS servers
(this does exclude users that got it via other means, e. G. their distro
or the PostgreSQL windows installer, as well as downloads that were
cached by proxies).

* number of mailing list subscribers
(this does not catch users that don't subscribe to the list).

> Essentially I need the  size of Brazilian community and  some  success
> cases. I would be glad to have this information.

You can only hope that some subscribers of this list are Brazilian and
will reply.

HTH,
Markus